How do you take your Coffee in the morning?

How do you take your Coffee in the morning?

I take mine with a kiss…

But seriously how do you like Coffee and or Tea? Please let me know in the comments.

My mum introduced me to tea when I was a kid, and I would have very weak tea with Milk, which eventually over time became stronger and stronger. But my Dad used to drink Coffee at home (I’m sure as now they both drank both, but in my head as a kid this was the way that it was). My Mum takes both tea and coffee white and my Dad takes both tea and coffee black, so subsequently I drink tea white and coffee black (except for any tea which isn’t English Breakfast / Builder’s tea eg. Earl Grey which I take black because that is THE LAW).

It’s funny how much your own way seems totally natural and everyone else seems mad. The French often drink coffee black and white in the same person depending on the time of day!

My friend Antonia has a list of how everyone takes their tea and coffee and so she only ever has to be told once for you to be on there for the rest of your life. Perhaps, if I’m organised, this blog post could be that for me! So how do you take them?

9 thoughts on “How do you take your Coffee in the morning?

1. Rowan says:

coffee, filter only (never instant), one sugar, on the milky side, but the coffee itself has to be strongish i.e. never weaker than 3 strength, preferably 4. picky enough for you?

2. lou says:

What a question! I adore tea, but I’m not very good with milky tea. English Breakfast is nicest for me when it’s really strong! However my tea of choice is always Earl Grey, which depending on my mood, I take with either no milk or about a teaspoons worth. Oh and Lady Grey is nicest black with a slice of lemon.

The list of teas i like is a bit long, however if you’re making a list my order would be, Earl Grey with a teaspoon of milk, no sugar (yuck!) in a huge mug 🙂

As for plain coffee, I can’t drink it… but i’ll have a latte with two sugars 🙂

3. Janna says:

I no longer have caffeine so in the morning I have Lemon & Ginger tea. No milk 😉

Thereafter I drink fruit tea, usually something with berries but I am loving Orange, Mango & Cinnamon at the moment

4. @rowan I love the precision 🙂

@Lou I do like Lady Grey it has to be black too

@Janna It’s interesting to me that you consider Lemon & Ginger to not be a fruit tea? Is it the sweetness of the berries that marks it that way in your mind?

5. Janna says:

I hadn’t thought about it to be honest but I think it’s because I see the Lemon & Ginger as separate from the others. I drink the L&G because it’s good for digestion as well as tasting ok, all of the others I have chosen based on taste only and they are sweeter. Most of the tea I drink is Twinings and I think I have taken on their categorisations where most of the ones I like are in the Fresh and Fruity range.

6. KrisS says:

I suppose I might be a bit French. I have all sorts of coffees, at all sorts of times of day.

Mostly black and strong, in various lengths, when at home or visiting good-coffee friends. But then out and about I can be a cappuccino or latte man. And in that abroad, there’s no saying. I love a cortado, with sugar, for example. Bad coffee, for example at a football match, needs milk and sugar, simply to give it some taste.

Tea is pretty simple., I never, ever, ever make it for myself. Too lazy. I never ask for it. But now and again, if offered, I’ll have one. Strong, milk, one sugar. Thanks.

7. Kris you take sugar in your tea? WOT?

Having a list is a good idea, but it can only work as a life-long thing if people don’t change. I didn’t used to drink tea at all, then a few years ago I started drinking it with one sugar, and now I have been weaned off that to no sugar at all. Sometimes I have it black, sometimes not.

I’ve also just recently tried my first latte and it was horrible, then had another one and it was better. It might catch on.

I would be a list all by myself!

9. @mrschristine Gosh you’re right! I rarely change any of these things in my life so I didn’t build that into the plan! I’m gonna need a bigger list!