What’s your favourite thing about one of your appliances?

This is the continuing series of questions for you in the comments, here’s how it works. I’ll ask you a question, and you either answer in the comments or on your own blog and drop a link to the post.

Question:

What’s your favourite thing about one of your appliances?

We hopefully all have one of these little things that makes us smile when we use it each and every time. I like things which just work, of course, but I often really like things that just work but do so with a cool little flourish. So what’s yours?

Here’s my answer:

Mine is, I think, the neatness of the vacuum power cord whizzy recoiling device. I know it’s pretty standard. But it works well, and I’m often surprised that more things don’t have them.

So what is your favourite thing about one of your appliances?

13 thoughts on “What’s your favourite thing about one of your appliances?

1. baggio says:

my favourite is our cooker, which requires one to utilise a couple of wedge-shaped pieces of wood to close the door.makes me smile, every time πŸ™‚

Mine is our hidden ironing board in one of the drawers in the kitchen.Not really an 'appliance' perhaps, but everybody who sees it just goes "Woah!"

baggio I have a picture of you holding the wedge. It makes me smile every time I see it πŸ™‚

@fourstar I now desperately want to see this ironing board.It certainly counts.

And so you can πŸ™‚

6. baggio says:

Woah! i think i use an iron about once a year, but i still want one of those – that is just cool. B-)

7. baggio says:

nope, that doesn’t work….
    can i get any other emoticons (damn, i hate that word…) on this new look blog?
    πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ 😦 πŸ˜›
    πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ 😦 πŸ˜›

8. baggio says:

bingo…

9. rubbergoat says:

I used to sell appliances and the ‘feel’ of an appliance is a key selling point. Often if something feels cheap and badly made, it usually is a duffer and customers are turned off. We don’t think about it very much, but like your post alludes to, an appliance that feels great to the touch or looks fantastic is often more enjoyable to use.

I am sure I have sold one fridge more than another just because it was a ‘nice’ appliance – because it’s not like you can try it out instore!

Me personally? I love how my Washer/Dryer makes a noise that sounds like two hand claps when it finishes the cycle πŸ˜€

10. rubbergoat says:

Also, my computer makes a noise similar to a steam train whistle when I restart it and it flushes out the air with the fan – always makes me smile πŸ™‚